Insurance questions/problems
Contact, by phone, the: 
MyBenefits Service Center
(toll-free) 844-251-1777
(tddy-tty) 844-251-1778
(Monday thru Friday -- 8:00am to 6:00pm CT)

An additional resource for information concerning your existing benefits is located at the Central Management Services (CMS) website:"Employee and Retiree Benefits"

Pension questions/problems
Contact:   State Employees Retirement System
by mail at:   PO Box 19255, Springfield, IL 62704-9255
or in person at: 2101 S. Veterans Parkway, Springfield, IL   (Appointment required)
or via the SERS Call Center number: (217) 785-7444


Does the legislation regarding the Social Security Offset affect me?
If you retired before January 1, 1998, or you are already receiving a survivor's benefit, the social security offset will not be applied to future survivor benefits starting July 1, 2009. SERS will be mailing further notices mid-June 2009.

If you retired on or after January 1,1998, you should have received notification from SERS regarding your options. If you feel you need additional information, call SERS at (217) 785-7444.

Is RSEA affiliated with the ISEA (Illinois State Employees Association) Retirees organization?
No. RSEA and ISEA are two separate entities. ISEA is located at 1548 W. Jefferson St., Springfield, IL 62702. Their phone number is (217) 698-6070.

Is RSEA affiliated with the AFSCME retirees organization?
No. RSEA is the only association that functions solely for the interest of retired Illinois state employees.